This is how I feel right now

In English we say you've changed, in poetry we say some people feel like coming home but not in a safe and secure way. More like when you're returning to a place that you were never meant to stay, like when you hesitate by a house they used to belong to you , but now there's a strange car in the drive and the door is painted blue and through the window you can see someone else'e posters on your walls. 

Funny how a place is yours until it isn't yours at all. Everything is familiar but somehow everything has changed. The air is nostalgic an uneasy sort of way, and you know that if you walked inside part of you want to stay while the other part would scream at you to turn and run away. Strange how we're drawn to the familiar even when the familiar bring us pain. Funny how I always return to you no matter how it aches so when I tell that you feel a bit like home. Don't misinterpret what I say, I just mean that when I see you, I always hesitate. 

- Whitney Hanson Poetry. 



Kommentit

Suositut tekstit